Moonlight - By Lisa Kessler (#COYER)


The Moon Series - Book 1
Rancher Adam Sloan is more than meets the eye. As the heir to his Pack, the sexy werewolf’s biggest challenge is keeping his kin’s true nature under wraps. But a group of jaguar shifters threatens to reveal the pack, blasting into town killing humans in plain sight. And when he smells one at the local diner, his standing orders are to take her out. Lana Turpin doesn’t realize she’s a moving target. Raised in the foster system, she only knows that she blacks out during the new moon and wakes up without remembering a thing. But now she’s being tracked by some strange organization that wants her back—even though she’s never stepped foot inside their compound. And the stranger across the diner is watching her like an enemy. It should be a simple mission for Adam, but when he touches the frustratingly beautiful Lana, his inner wolf howls…mate. Now, the two must find and stop the people who hunt her…and Adam must keep his own family from killing the only woman he will ever love.
Oooooh I love shifter romance books and Lisa Kessler delivers up a hot new series for me to sink my teeth into. Adam is a werewolf and Alpha heir, Lana has blackouts every new moon and has no idea why. When leopard shifters are roaming the area and killing people it's Adam's job to go out and investigate them - scenting a leopard he walks into a diner where he meets Lana. Lana thinks Adam is a creepy stranger and doesn't understand why he helps her. When he tells her she is a leopard shifter, she thinks he's crazy but the more he explains, the more she realizes he might be right.

I love how Lana sticks up for herself even when she is shit scared. I have an issue with leading ladies who are too scared to hold their ground when someone (usually a guy) tries to push them around.
She also doesn't swoon and magically feel safe with Adam, she holds judgement until he proves he can be trusted and rightly so! If I had been her with some random guy telling me I turned into an animal I would have done exactly what she did - thank you, turn, leave and think. I was literally fist pumping when she slammed Adam and his pack for their prejudice against leopards! Especially considering how idiotic Adam was about it - I mean come on she's a leopard who also happens to be your mate, MAN UP and deal with it! It is probably one of my favourite parts.

The plot was great and I really enjoyed the novel. It's typical shifter romance with a little spice so I would definitely recommend it if you love shape shifters. The chemistry between Adam and Lana is ferocious and it's well written. I have no problems but it only gets four stars because it's very similar to most other shifter romances out there, granted it is one of the better ones! Snatch a copy and let me know what you think!

4/5
xxx
George
Buy: Amazon, Kobo, B&N
Is this review helpful? Vote YES on Amazon
Moonlight (Moon, #1)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing MOONLIGHT! :)

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the book and I hope you'll check out HUNTER'S MOON too...

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I'm so excited that you took the time to read my review! I loved Moonlight and finished Hunter's Moon the other day so the review is soon to come. I love new shifter romances and I have added your series to my other favourites! Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!!! :D

      Delete