Add to Goodreads
Released July 18th
Two years will change them forever.
When rumors spread like wildfire—like having three-ways with her boyfriend’s rock climbing brother—Lily Calloway spirals into a dark place. Her bedroom. Loren Hale is more confident and determined to keep their sex life private, even from their friends, and he helps Lily in the only way he knows how. But how much love is too much?
Their lives are filmed, watched, and criticized. And through it all, Lily and Loren have to face enemies they never thought they’d see, demons they don’t know if they should bury, and setbacks they didn’t think they’d meet. Not this soon.
And one rumor could be too much for them to handle. It will test their greatest limitations, and if they don’t hold onto each other, someone is going to drown.
A full-length New Adult Romance that bridges the gap between the second and third books. Thrive must be read before Addicted After All if you have not read the Calloway Sisters spin-off.
Our Favorite Friendships
Even though we’re twins and we both have equal ownership over the Addicted books, we also have different favorite characters and couples and friendships that we like to write. Today, we’re listing out our favorite friendships in the series.
1. Lily Calloway & Ryke Meadows – I have so much fun writing these two together. I try, really hard, to sneak in more Lily and Ryke scenes (there are a few in THRIVE). Lily’s past is filled with one-night stands and Ryke is just as promiscuous, yet their personalities clash. Lily is shy and geeky. Ryke is an aggressive athlete. Putting them in a room together makes for lots of laughs, awkward moments, and awesome conversations. But deep down, they really have bonded over the course of the series, and not just because Lily is dating Ryke’s brother. They’re truly friends.
2. Loren Hale & Connor Cobalt – This is my favorite bromance to write. Neither of these guys had a “true” guy friend before they met one another. They are almost polar opposites, but they clicked pretty much from the beginning. Lots of manly flirting going on ;)
3. Lily Calloway & Rose Calloway – I love sister relationships. And these two have such a close friendship that just grows tighter as the series progresses. There’s lots of humor, trust, love, and compassion between these two.
1. Loren Hale & Connor Cobalt – Thrive shows the genesis of their friendship, and it’s one that has made this book so special to me. Lo is really self-loathing and sarcastic. Connor is extremely confident and witty. Together they play off of one another, but it’s Connor’s ability to empower Lo that makes this one of my favorite friendships that we’ve written.
2. Loren Hale & Rose Calloway – Where Krista inserts many Ryke & Lily scenes, I usually go crazy when Lo and Rose are in the same room. Their insult wars help lighten the books and sometimes it can go too far and darken scenes as well. They started out withstanding each other only for Lily, and in Thrive their “friendship” hits a few bumps.
3. Connor Cobalt & Ryke Meadows – I absolutely love their relationship in Kiss the Sky and then Hothouse Flower. Even though Connor wastes no opportunities to throw out digs about Ryke being aggressive, he has a deep respect for Ryke that’s shown in the spin-off series. And I love seeing Ryke recognize that and start to trust Connor more.
Honorable Mention: Loren Hale & Daisy Calloway – You’re probably scratching your heads, but they share a couple scenes in Thrive that really progresses their relationship out of “you’re my girlfriend’s little sister” zone and into something more protective and genuine.
Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins. They write New Adult books that make you cringe, gasp, and go ooh-la-la. (If you do that sort of thing.) They are currently working on the spin-offs and final books in the Addicted series. Connect with them via the links below:
*3 Signed Paperbacks of THRIVE